Nai is hiring! Look for Piano Accompanist(s)
Choir Piano Accompanist
CultureLink Nai Children’s Choir is seeking to hire up to three pianists to accompany its weekly rehearsals, additional practices and performances. The Choir Piano Accompanists report to the Manager of Nai choir and are an integral part of the choir’s musician team. CultureLink works within an anti-oppression framework and is committed to equity.
- Accompany one or more Nai choir(s) weekly rehearsals during the school season;
- Participate in the choir’s repertoire meetings with the conductors and other accompanists;
- Accompany the choirs in concerts, community events and workshops;
- Assist choristers and conductors during rehearsal time and performances;
- Work with other choir musicians as a team;
- Cultivate a supportive learning environment and give constructive feedback to the conductors and choristers
- Mentor student accompanists;
- Be flexible with hours, including occasional weekends.
- Nai has three choirs located in Etobicoke, Junction and Scarborough respectively;
- Choirs rehearse on weekday afternoons, usually 5 -7 p.m.
- The work schedule and number of hours are discussed and decided on a monthly basis;
- The accompanists’ requests for flexibility can be accommodated if given sufficient notice and alternatives can be arranged;
- Meeting time and reasonable music prep time outside of the contact hours will be paid with the approval of the Manager
- A background in Choral Classical, Middle-Eastern and Children’s Music;
- Excellent sight-reading skills (both lead sheet and full arrangements);
- Able to take direction and guidance from the conductor;
- Sensitive to the various vocal abilities of the choristers, and adept at accompanying singers of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Willing to work with unfamiliar music genres and styles;
- Have a collaborative approach to music making;
- Promote a climate of respect for personal and cultural differences;
- Are reflective, questioning, and committed to personal excellence and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate a willingness to take on big challenges and see them through.
- Bachelor Degrees in Music Performance
- 2-3 years of professional experience (as solo performer or accompanist)
- Recent University graduates are encouraged to apply
We will accept ongoing applications. The position will be posted until it is filled. This position is remunerated at the rate of $25.47 - $27.01 per hour. If you are interested in this position, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to:
Manager, Nai Children’s Choir | CultureLink Settlement and Community Services | 2340 Dundas St. West. Suite 301 | Toronto, Ontario M6P 4A9 E-mail: email@example.com